Different types of infections have become the part and parcel of human life and everyone is at risk of getting infected, be it a man or a woman. Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) are the most dangerous types of infections that have entered the everyday life of men and women. The increasing amount of unsafe sexual practices is one of the most common reasons of these sexual infections and that is why there is a need to spread awareness against the same. The following things must be noticed by everyone to know and understand about Chlamydia:
Chlamydia is a Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) that can happen to both men and women. It is caused by a micro bacterium that can be too dangerous for women as it may cause infertility and can damage the reproductive system permanently.
Who can suffer from Chlamydia
As mentioned earlier, Chlamydia can happen to both men and women. However the data, available till today, clearly shows that women in the age group of 14 to 19 years are the most common victims of this highly sensitive disease. As a matter of fact, people who are active in sexual practices are more exposed towards this infection. As per the available records, 1 out of every 15 girls in the age group of 14-19 years suffers from Chlamydia. However, the rate of infection is also high among the men who have sex with men.
How does the infection occur
This sexually transmitted infection commonly occurs due to unsafe sexual practices that people often follow while establishing sexual relationships. Both anal and oral sexual insertions can be highly responsible for these infections. People suffering from oral infections often have sores in the mouth. Pain in the rectum alongwith watery discharge is the common symptoms of anal infections.
Symptoms of Chlamydia:
Common Symptoms of Chlamydia are mentioned below:
- Watery discharge (usually white in color) from the vagina
- Odorous discharge with pain in the lower abdominal area
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Bleeding during sexual intercourse
- Mild or high Fever with nausea
- Burning sensation while discharging urine. It is followed by gripping pain the vaginal area.
- Pain in the liver or uterus areas of the body.
- Pain in the rectum with watery discharge.
- Odorous watery discharge from the penis.
Serious effects of Chlamydia
- Women often suffer from infertility
- The infection can cause permanent damage to the reproductive system in the women body.
- The patients can lose all their interests for sexual intercourses.
- If not treated with a few months of infection, people may even face serious consequences in the form of AIDS.
- The situation for unborn child can be critical if a pregnant woman gets infected by Chlamydia. The baby may also have the infection right from the birth that can be too fatal for him/her to tolerate and fight against.