Men have always had a desire to stay youthful. With advancements in medical sciences like the testosterone replacement therapy, this has also been made possible to an extent. Yet it is vital to understand the limitations of such solutions rather than adopting them blindly. The following are some of the factors that must be cautiously evaluated before going for testosterone therapy:
Consider other factors that may be causing low sex drive or erectile dysfunction leading to lack of desire for sex. Many a times depression, lack of sleep, relationship and psychological issues may be impacting the desire for sex. Testosterone therapy would not be effective in such cases.
- Check your medical history. Use of high potency drugs or treatment of chronic diseases may be leading to lack of strength and desire for sex. Merely lack of strength cannot be cited as a cause for testosterone replacement.
- Testosterone therapy is a complex treatment. It has its own share of risks just like all other treatments. People going for the therapy have reportedly become prone to cardiovascular diseases and heart attacks. People who have suffered strokes in the past should clearly avoid the therapy.
- Undergoing a lab test under the supervision of experienced doctors is a vital necessity before going for testosterone therapy. If this is not done there are chances of wrong treatment, complications and side-effects having long-term ill effects.
- Testosterones decrease naturally with increasing age. Challenging natural cycles of the body can be counterproductive.
- One should be aware of the ill effects of oral testosterone enhancers. Though, they are available in the market, experts believe that they may cause problems with the liver and other vital organs causing health troubles.
- The side effects of testosterone replacement therapy most often may include rash, itching or irritation at the site where the testosterone is applied (in case of direct transplant).
- Testosterone also increases bone density, muscle mass and insulin sensitivity in men.
- One should not have over expectations or fancy hopes from a testosterone transplant. The patients should understand the limitations of the therapy. It is no trick for evergreen youth. It is just a medical intervention with limited benefits.
The eye opener for everyone fascinated with testosterone therapy is that it is a newly known technique with more unknowns then knowns. Watchfulness must be in sync with the high stakes.